Free Webinars from GPO
Throughout the year, the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) hosts free educational webinars and webcasts. Check out these upcoming talks in June and July from GPO:
- Drive Thru Data: Using NLM APIs to Access Information Fast: Mike Davidson (National Library of Medicine); Tuesday, June 13, 2023; 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Reimagined: Introducing a New USA.gov and USAGov en Español: Claire Loxsom, Marietta Jelks, & Joanne McGovern (USAGov); Thursday, June 15, 2023; 2:00 – 2:45 p.m. (EDT)
- Geography 101: Noemi Mendez (U.S. Census Bureau); Thursday, June 22, 2023; 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Finding Social Science Data Using Federal and State Resources: Eimmy Solis (University of Southern California); Thursday, June 29, 2023; 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
- GovInfo API Overview and Search Service Preview: Jon Quandt (GPO); Wednesday, July 12, 2023; 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
Closed captioning is available for all webinars and events. Registrants will be sent access information upon registering. All GPO webinars are pre-approved for 1 LEU.
Additionally, GPO has new webcasts are also now available. The webcasts are shorter in length (about 15 minutes each) and cover basic introductory topics relating to (federal) government information.
- How to Find Old SuDoc Classification Numbers
- Introduction to Basic Government Information
- Introduction to Federal Statistics Reporting
Visit the FDLP Academy Training Repository for a collection of recorded webinars and webcasts. GPO encourages anyone to share and re-post information about these free training opportunities.